Book Cover Project
This project involves researching books of the genre your interested in and creating a book cover in the studio, while carrying out the normal procedures such as:
Planning the shoot
Deciding and creating a lighting diagram
Health & Safety Assessment
Developing the idea
Book Cover – 1 week brief
- Research a range of books (studio based).
- Research material does not have to be photographic.
- Select a book title.
- Produce ideas generation for you own version (not a pastiche).
- How does the imagery connect to the book.
- Produce lighting diagram, props check list and Health & Safety assessment.
- Setup a rough version to explore composition before using the studio.
- Use the studio to shoot your version.
- Be creative and think outside the gold fish bowl.
- Reflective statement (on what you could have improved on).
- Be ready to present your final image for next week on Powerpoint include pre and post production images (before and after photoshop) and with text.
- Book cover to do with Depression
- Face with Half light Lighting.
- Reality of depression.
- No rose tinted glasses version of depression.
- Even though we say cured we mean on going work at managing depression.
- What it really feels like expressed in replacement image.
- Use the term ‘Black Dog’ reference to depression quote “I had a black dog, his name was depression”.
- Black Background.
- Half light.
- Black & White image.